Almanara Addawlia (Lighthouse Intenational) is a certified Test Center for IC3 Certification.
IC3 is the abbreviation and registered trademark of the Internet and Computing Core Certification. The IC3 is a global certification program that is designed to certify an individual’s digital literacy skills associated with basic computer and internet use.
IC3 is the first computer certification to be recognized by the National Skill Standards Board (NSSB). The newest edition of the IC3 certification track, known as IC3-GS4 (Global Standard 4), has been updated to include questions that utilize Microsoft Windows 7 and Operating System and the Microsoft Office 2010.
IC3 is the ideal starting point for anyone interested in learning computer and Internet basics. The program gives individuals sufficient Internet and computing literacy skills to enter current job markets or begin higher education programs. Prime candidates for IC3 certification are middle school students, high school students, GED and college students, Job Corps participants, job seekers, employees who use technology on the job, and anyone—young or old—who wants to gain a working knowledge of computers and the Internet.
What is IC3 Certification?
The Internet and Computing Core Certification (IC3) program is the world’s first validated, standards-based training and certification program for basic computing and Internet knowledge and skills. Successful completion of IC3 ensures having the knowledge and skills required for basic use of computer hardware, software, networks, and the Internet. IC3 is a gateway to advancement in education, employment, or other certification programs.
The Global IC3 certification verifies that candidates possess the accepted standard level of basic computer and Internet literacy and are more efficient and marketable. Successful completion of IC3 certification:
- Provides core skills and knowledge necessary to use some computer applications and the Internet
- Effectively tests computing knowledge and skills to ensure mastery is achieved
- Gives a resume-building standard certification as proof of successful completion of the program
- Provides the foundation necessary to further enhance productivity and marketability with other desktop application-specific certifications
- Gives individuals confidence and security in being part of today’s “digital world”
Who offers IC3 Certification?
IC3 is offered by Certiport, the leading provider of global, performance-based certification programs and services designed to enable individual success and advancement through certification. Certiport is also the exclusive administrator of the Microsoft Office Specialist program worldwide, responsible for the development, marketing, and administration of certification tests for the Microsoft Office suite
How to Obtain an IC3 Certificate?
The IC3 Certification is comprised of three individual examinations which are (1) The IC3 Computing Fundamentals Exam, (2) the IC3 Key Applications Exam and (3) The IC3 Living Online Exam. Obtaining theIC3 certification requires passing these three exams.
IC3 Course Outline:
The IC3 Computing Fundamentals Course: It covers a foundation understanding of computer hardware, software, operating systems, peripherals, and troubleshooting.
- Definition of types of computers
- PC Components: Definition and functions of computers
- Evaluation , purchase , and maintenance of computer equipment
- Define the interaction between software and hardware and the types of programs
- Definition and functions of the operating system
- Frames use
The IC3 Key Applications Course: It covers popular word processing, spreadsheet and presentation applications and the common features of all applications.
- Exploring the Windows programs
- Create and edit files
- Text formatting and the implementation of common printing functions
- Using the drawing tools
- Paragraphs and documents coordination
- Working with tables
- Use outline tools and tracking changes and language
- Working with text and numbers in the worksheet
- Use formulas , functions and charts
- Creating and delivering presentations
The IC3 Living Online Course: It covers skills for working in an Internet or networked environment and maximizing communication, education, collaboration and social interaction in a safe and ethical way.
- Defining Network Basics
- Defining the relationships between computer networks , telephone networks, and the Internet
- Understanding of E mail
- Defining how to use e – mail
- Definition of sources of information on the Internet
- Using a Web browser and Internet search
- Definition of how to use computers at work and at school and home
- Using computers and the Internet safely, legally , morally , and responsibly
From 90 to 120 hours.